I’m Ashley Kaylor, a matchmaker and yes I’m single! Being a single woman in New York is hard. Dating is difficult, don’t let anyone tell you differently! There are thousands upon thousands of women looking for love in the city, and they’re all competition. A cute guy at a bar is prey, and the women there are like vultures, just waiting for the right time to strike. So, don’t get lost in a crowd that reeks of desperation; get him to notice to you! Here are some easy tips to help get his attention. Approved by Janis Spindel!
1. Flaunt what you got. If you have great legs, throw on a mini skirt and some heels. I guarantee that it will draw his attention away from the girl who keeps tugging at her 2-sizes too small and ensure that all eyes are on you. If you’ve got a great chest wear something a little low cut. But remember ladies: there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Keep a little to the imagination.
2. Catch his eye. If you’re in a crowded room it’s important to create an immediate connection with a guy before someone else gets to him. I don’t know how many men have told me they are suckers for beautiful eyes.
3. Smile! Once you’ve got his attention make sure that you can keep it. A smile goes a long way with a guy. He’ll see you as approachable and happy and thus he’ll be more willing to make his way across the room to you. A smile is your best accessory and works as a really big turn on for guys.
4. Make physical contact. This can be as simple as brushing past him on your way to the bathroom. He’ll be sure to notice you when you’re “accidentally” pressed up against him. If you happen to engage in conversation with him, place your hand on his arm. To much touching is a big no-no though; you will come off as creepy and he’ll never want to date you!
5. Take the hello challenge. It’s as simple as going up to a guy and saying hello. Men love confidence.
In new york it’s very hard to catch the eye of a guy, so follow these tips to stand out. There’s a good chance he wants you to notice him as much as he wants you to notice him.